Morbid Faith
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

An idea for an event with the Earthfury Clan

2 posters

Go down

An idea for an event with the Earthfury Clan Empty An idea for an event with the Earthfury Clan

Post  Umbruun Sat Jun 20, 2009 8:27 pm

My main is a member of the Earthfury Clan, and having done previous PvP related events with Theramore Task Force and the Cenarion Guardians, I thought it would be cool to have that same experience from the other side.

The Faith would obviously be the instigator in this event. Coming up with a specific reason to target something in the Stonetalon Mountains or even the Barrens shouldn't be hard. Of interest is a recent event on EFC where an orc death knight (a former member of the clan) caused damage and corruption to Windshear Crag in Stonetalon. Perhaps the Faith learns about this and takes advantage of the corruption?

I'll present this to the Earthfuries and will come back once I hear their response.

If I'm personally to attend, this would have to be done next month, about half way in or somewhat earlier. Will be out of town from next weekend to about the 10th.
Umbruun
Umbruun

Back to top Go down

An idea for an event with the Earthfury Clan Empty Re: An idea for an event with the Earthfury Clan

Post  Umbruun Thu Jul 16, 2009 3:48 pm

“I have had success with our plans. I traveled to Kalimdor, to Stonetalon Mountains, in pursuit of this rumor of a rogue death knight who had corrupted the land there. I encountered a pair of orcs and a troll who, after some persuasion, directed me to an area there known as Windshear Crag. Indeed, the land was infected by a residual aura of necromancy, which I promptly began harvesting with a useful spell I recently developed in anticipation of this occurrence.

“As I was finishing, the troll I had met sneaked up on me, alone. Seizing the opportunity, I attacked it and managed to overcome its weak defenses. After stunning it unconscious, I proceeded to cast the necromantic cyst spell we have been working on. Using the energies left in the land there, I created a cyst inside the subject, but I am not sure how well the spell succeeded. I left the troll alive if battered and departed the place.

“With prior experience from animal subjects, I am able to sense the troll’s general condition with a number of helpful spells. It is doing fine for the time being, though I can already sense the general condition weakening as the cyst is beginning to feed on the host.

“I continue to examine the effects of the ritual.”
Umbruun
Umbruun

Back to top Go down

An idea for an event with the Earthfury Clan Empty Re: An idea for an event with the Earthfury Clan

Post  Aodhan Fri Jul 17, 2009 12:50 pm

Apologies for not responding to the thread earlier, I thought I had
posted something but obviously I was wrong! Now I'm here...thanks for
getting this sorted out with EFC. I would have come over last night,
but I was already at an RP event with an alt, but I am sure there will
be more such RP in the future that I shall be certain to attend. If I
can help out with this in some way, on either faction, let me know.
Aodhan
Aodhan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Umbruun Wed Aug 26, 2009 12:49 am

Alright, I've had some RP related to this event both on Horde and Alliance.

On Horde, not long before the Earthfury Clan was disbanded (and to be later reborn as the Beastmaw Clan), the cult attacked a group of orcs in the Barrens, off-screen. One of the orcs in the attack was a target of a cyst, but managed to escape, only to encounter members of the Earthfury Clan and spread possible new cysts into the Earthfuries. This I played as the victim orc coughing up a cloud of necromantic spores, which could later develop into mature cysts inside a new host. The contamination and the mother cyst were contained thanks to the efforts of a powerful shaman, but the final results of the experiment are yet to be seen -- this I would like to play out with the Beastmaw Clan in the near future.

On Alliance, Umbruun succeeded in capturing a draenei priestess, a member of Starlight and a close friend in his old life. After a brief battle, he made the priestess unconscious through dark spells and brought her to Zeramas for the ritual, now much improved thanks to prior experimentation with the Horde subjects. As it happens, members of Starlight managed to locate the priestess (the guild members share a telepathic link through their hearthstones, although the priestess didn't know the location of that particular Scourge citadel -- yes, one Starlighter metagamed the rescue, but I adjusted...), though the ritual to create the cyst was completed. The Starlight members barely escaped the undead ridden citadel with a new cyst host with them -- and of course Umbruun's intention from the start was to release the priestess, if infected.

The draenei priestess was taken to Darnassus where possible new hosts were very soon available. Again, coughing up spores was used as the means to spread the cysts. An alt of mine was one target. It's possible there's been further RP on this, which I'm not aware of.

Much earlier I mentioned that we could make a post on the Realm forums to Kassina, in which MF targets a remote Alliance village in order to experiment with the cyst ritual. I think we could move on to the next step immediately, considering Umbruun has already done a fair amount of testing. I'd like to make an introductory post on SWC forum about this story and invite other roleplayers and RP guilds to share it with us. Do you have any suggestions how we could proceed with this?
Umbruun
Umbruun

Back to top Go down

Post  Aodhan Tue Sep 01, 2009 6:10 am

This all sounds great, glad it's set up some enjoyable RP so far, it's definitely something we should continue with. A post on the SWC forum would be the best way of promoting the event. What we need now is to plan the details of the event and then set a date for it. We do need to think about what we're going to do, others in the guild have suggested we act against the Mountaineers and others. Whatever we do, I suggest keeping the RP away from Stormwind, continuing with what you have been doing . We'd need to attempt to destabilise the Alliance as a whole and I am concerned if we use the cysts on a large scale in Stormwind, it'll be too similar to the plague event we had.
Aodhan
Aodhan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Umbruun Wed Sep 02, 2009 9:11 am

Mainly I was thinking RP with other guilds, Mountaineers for example. I'm not sure if there has to be one single great event for it, though, since the idea behind it all is basically an excuse to have smaller or bigger stories revolving around the cysts.

The post on the realm forum could simply be an invitation for other RP guilds to take part. For example, a member or two has been infected by the spores that have now been spread into both Alliance and Horde populations (although in a very very small scale), and the Cult will take advantage of the tactical perk the cysts give it. We could of course tell about the stuff the Cult has already accomplished, now moving on with a bigger plan in mind. MF could attack members of a guild, for instance, and even try to capture someone for further study if infected or to be infected with a cyst. Or we could be the target of an investigation or even an attack -- perhaps some heroes manage to track the Cult to a certain location or some such.

This is also simply a chance for other guilds to create small stories inside their guilds using this cyst hook. I'm going to try doing that in the Beastmaw Clan.
Umbruun
Umbruun

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down