Morbid Faith
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[IC] The Holy Delusion

2 posters

Go down

[IC] The Holy Delusion Empty [IC] The Holy Delusion

Post  Glerad Mon Apr 20, 2009 7:20 am

As some of you may be aware I have been researching certain aspects of ''Holy'' magic, i.e. the holy light, the shadow, elementalism and druidic magic. As a result of this research I have come to some interesting conclusions.

namely, these seperate schools of magic are in fact, nothing more than perversions of arcane magic. This comes namely from their driving force. As with any magic, it is will-power.

All of these schools make use of the power by the wielder's force of will. A prime example of this outside arcane is the recent actions by the Sin'Dorei regarding their use of the holy light which would be an interesting study in its own right if not for the recent hostilities between our races.

Regarding elementalism and shamanism the hypothesis I have put forward for these is that the will-power is derived from the mage deluding himself into thinking that the power is granted to him... sort of a placebo effect to inspire confidence.

I have a number of further examples for anyone interested in this research, I feel the potentials for public use of these previously restricted schools of magic are immense
Glerad
Glerad

Back to top Go down

[IC] The Holy Delusion Empty Re: [IC] The Holy Delusion

Post  Umbruun Sat Jun 20, 2009 8:10 pm

Sir, your theory is interesting, but I disagree with it.

As a former member of the draenei, I once channeled the Light as a blind servant of the Naaru. The power I wielded was quite different from the arcane spells and runes I now command; it was not so much the strength of my will to bend something under my control but rather a deep faith in the unwise precepts that I was unable to leave behind. The blood elves did not put their unquestioning faith in Mu’ru—they used the Arcane to siphon the Naaru’s inherent connection to the Light. This magic that the Sin’dorei used is a very fascinating subject of its own, which surely demands further study.

The Broken draenei Nobundo was able to strike a deal with the so called Great Elemental Spirits, and I believe other races who practice this form of magic have gone the same route. Theirs is a tradition that somewhat mimics warlocks—however, much like the draenei and other lesser creatures, they do not force the spirits in order to accomplish their spells. Druids are a quaint offshoot of shamanism.

I believe this unwillingness to dominate over their sources of supernatural power is their greatest weakness. Instead of truly mastering their magic, they reduce themselves to mediocrity and are forever bound to the position of a servant or a slave. We who realize the truth can bask in the glory of the Scourge and reap the benefits of the ultimate reward—undeath.
Umbruun
Umbruun

Back to top Go down

Post  Glerad Sun Jun 21, 2009 3:53 pm

Ah, but you see there's the key. The very fact that the Blood Elves were able to bend the light to their will without the tenants of faith suggests alternative routes and the theory is that the very act of faith, powerful belief, is willpower in itself.
Glerad
Glerad

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum