Morbid Faith
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Kassina's Plague.

2 posters

Go down

Kassina's Plague. Empty Kassina's Plague.

Post  Aodhan Thu Apr 16, 2009 11:38 am

We need to work out how this is going to happen, the whole "infecting alcohol" issue, because alcohol normally kills off bacteria and fungi in solution and I can't find any species that tolerate it. Since the plague is partly magical in nature, I think that will have to be our solution to this problem.

From what I can see, it's plausible for the plague-causing pathogen to be fungal. Symptoms of the original plague include (source: Damaged Apprentice Journal): weakness, nausea, large boils, joint pains, numbness, haemorrhaging, coma and of course, undeath. I don't know of a real-life disease that matches most of those (ignoring undeath, of course!), but it gives rise to lovely mushrooms in the Plaguelands and would be easy to contaminate food with.
Aodhan
Aodhan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Kassina's Plague. Empty Re: Kassina's Plague.

Post  Kassina Thu Apr 16, 2009 12:02 pm

I believe you are correct Aodhan, perhaps it'll need to be magically enhanced in such a way that it can tolerate alcohol.

As for the rest, we'll do the standard; plagued grain. I am going to post on the realm forum's soon, too announce what I'm planning. But if it gets too much negativity, I think it'll be best too drop it, to save everybody allot of time and trouble.

~Kassina.
Kassina
Kassina

Back to top Go down

Post  Aodhan Thu Apr 16, 2009 12:15 pm

Well, when Glerad and I suggested something similar for the run-up to WOTLK, the response was positive; unfortunately the event was shelved because Blizzard's own event was miles better. I say go for it.
Aodhan
Aodhan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down