Morbid Faith
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Betrayal of a Trusted Friend

3 posters

Go down

Betrayal of a Trusted Friend Empty Betrayal of a Trusted Friend

Post  Dergo Sun Mar 22, 2009 3:00 pm

The sun had begun to set in Valiance keep in the Borean Tundra, the light of the sun had begun to fade away on the sky, the darkness creeping closer. A large ship laid in wait along the docks as the sailors and dockworkers unloaded her cargo.

A young man clad in a light armor, a short sword, stormwind tabard and a satchel slung over his back made his way off the ship on unsteady feet.

He made his way up to the keep, walking along the docks, while the sound of heavy boots marching on the wood and the air was full of the shouts of workers and people on their way to the walls for their night shifts. He made his way up over the heavy stone stairs, reaching the entrence of the keep.

"Letters and orders from home" said the young man in the light armor as he approached the two soldiers guarding the entrence door. After a simple nod from the guarding soldiers and a salute from both parts, the young man entered the keep, making his way over the court yard and then he took a right once he passed it.

"Oy! C'mere, 'hose 'he pappers from home?" shouted a large and heavy human in a full plate armor behind the young messenger.
"Yes, sir, I got the letters from the families back home with me, sir" our messenger replied quickly as he turned around with a salute.
"Good, now le's see here" the large man grunted as he approached and took the satchel from the young messenger and began to sort out the letters and orders so he knew where to send the messenger next.

"Ye 'ake 'hese no'es over 'e Colonel Hugner, he's down 'he corridor 'e lef', oak door." he grunted and sent the messenger away with a few letters.

The messenger hesitated as he was about to knock on the door at the end of the corridor he had been sent down, he remembered all he had heard about Colonel Hugner, and what the man had ordered and arranged on the market place in Stormwind. The messengers face grew a bit pale as his stomach twisted in memory of the "Blood Bath" held in the Market a year or two back, the public executions of two wagons of prisoners.

Two loud knocks echoed down the corridor and the messenger look panicing at the door then next to him at the two guards standing there, grinning and laughing slightly as they had knocked on the door.

"Don't worry lad, we helped you on the job a bit, enjoy!" they both laughed and continued on their evening adventure to the local tavern to test their courage against who could take the most before losing the battle against drunkeness.

"Enter", a voice faintly heard from behind the door. The messenger quickly opened the door and stepped in, holding the letters close to him. The room was fairely dark, only source of light came from the lit candles at the desk in the middle where a man sat, his face covered mostly by his unkeept hair and a dark leather eyepatch.

"Yes?" Dergo asked the messenger, as put down the feather pen at the desk and turned his attention to the messenger.
"Le-letters, sir, for y-you." the messenger stuttered as he approached the desk slowly
"Thank you" Dergo spoke with a calm tone as he took the letters, starting to check who they were from. Shortly there after he raised his voice and said "Did I give you permission to leave?". The messenger froze still as he was about to leave the room.
"No, so-sorry, sir."

"Orders..A letter from a former captain of mine.." Dergo stopped at the last letter. "Charlie..." He said with a low voice as he oppened the last letter of those he was given.

Dear Dergo Hugner.

I am writing this to you as a friend, and to remind you of that I did warn you of the Mages.
It have been brought to light, that an old friend of yours, were the very enemy you hunted,
a Necromancer of the Scourge, a twisted soul and enemy of Stormwind.

A while back, it was brought to the surface that the leading persons and possible several
members of the Arcane Order, were hidden necromancers within Stormwind. Your old
friend Glerad, were one of those exposed, and now he is on his escape from the law.

I will be in the Castle stables as always when you return to Stormwind, Dergo, and I will
be able to go into more details about this matter then if you would so wish.

With best regards, Charles Horseshift.

Dergo bit his lip for a moment as he clenched the letter in his hand before he suddenly burst out in anger, hurling a vial of ink that lied on the desk into the wall next to the messenger, forcing him to dodge slightly out of the way and make his escape out through the door.

"THAT SON OF A ORC!" Dergo shouted as he slammed his fist and the letter into the desk. "I promise.. I promise you Glerad, I will personally see to it that you're brought to justice.. I will personally put the rope around your throat.. and I will - see you - SQUIRM, as you slowly choke and die." Dergo said with a determined voice as he held his hand out, closing his grip in the air, as if trying to choke someone not there.

His eye quickly darted to the door as it slowly opened and a woman in a simple dress peaked in. "I heard shouting... You alright, Dergo?" she looked worrying at him.

"Yes... I'm alright, Elisabeth, will you help me clean this mess up?" Dergo spoke as he had gone and begun to pick up the remains of the ink vial. Elisabeth kneeled down next to Dergo and gave him a brief kiss on the cheek before helping him.

-------------
Out of Character.
-------------

I simply had to write this, I coulden't pass on this justice for my beloved character.

So in short, this is Dergo's reaction upon Glerad's betrayal, and the missfortunte of a poor messenger, and a introduction of Dergo's soon to be wife, Elisabeth, who he known since childhood, and his promotion to Colonel.

Enjoy the story all.

Last edited by Dergo on Mon Mar 23, 2009 10:12 am; edited 1 time in total

Dergo

Back to top Go down

Betrayal of a Trusted Friend Empty Re: Betrayal of a Trusted Friend

Post  Glerad Sun Mar 22, 2009 3:05 pm

I like it, just don't expect Glerad to be caught unsuspecting Cool
Glerad
Glerad

Back to top Go down

Post  Dergo Mon Mar 23, 2009 2:17 am

*Stabs Glerad in the back when he least suspects it*

Anyhow, I want to hear what people liked and diden't like with the story.

Dergo

Back to top Go down

Post  Aodhan Mon Mar 23, 2009 11:11 am

That poor messenger, haha.

Yes, I liked it, I thought Dergo might be bloody furious on finding out. I remember that open RP you had on the forums about those executions, shame it was derailed by the discussion on warlocks, really.
Aodhan
Aodhan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Dergo Mon Mar 23, 2009 11:34 am

Death to Svenjaris and her insecurity in herself, forcing her to constantly dick around on forums, making claims that genocide is wrong, even in a fictional war, since she feels pointed out by her german heritage none knew about untill she said it herself...

A marvelous and interresting Open RP on the forums that had effects In the Game... RUINED by her... *cries*

Dergo

Back to top Go down

Post  Aodhan Mon Mar 23, 2009 11:41 am

Svenjaris gets on my nerves, she really does. I do wonder whether she sets out to deliberately derail interesting threads that were fine before she arrived. Besides, it's not "genocide" to try and kill all warlocks, since these are people who made a conscious decision to practice fel magic, which they knew to be dangerous and corrupting. Finally, last time I looked at her warlock's wiki page, she was married to her succubus and she's just too special to be subject to fel corruption.

Anyway, I've gone dangerously off-topic here.
Aodhan
Aodhan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum